"When I was growing up, I did not have access to the best coaches. Much of what I know about lacrosse came from hard work, a passion for the game, and lots of trial and error. Now that I am a coach, my goal is to impart that same passion into each and every player I work with. I believe that with a love of the game and hard work, every player can improve, no matter what their skill level. Trilogy camps find a perfect balance between one on one tutoring, and full team coaching. At Trilogy I have the ability to not only work with players individually on the finer points of the game, but I can also help players through the more complex team concepts that are vital to becoming a successful teammate and a well rounded lacrosse player."
Joe Banno arrived at Haverford College in 2009 as a freshmen goalie, and after an impressive fall ball performance, he earned the starting nod. Joe started all four years while at Haverford, leading the team to it’s first ever victory in a Centennial Conference Championship, and to two NCAA post-season appearances including a trip to the Quarterfinals. Joe was a three-time All-Centennial Conference player and a two-time All-American.
After graduating from Haverford, Joe entered the MLL when he was acquired by the Rochester Rattlers just before the start of the 2013 season. He saw he saw significant playing time in the first game of the season, registering 14 saves on only 5 goals against. From that point on Joe was a regular on the Rattlers’ game roster. At the start of the 2014 MLL season Joe joined the Chesapeake Bayhawks, where he was an active member of the practice squad. After graduating with a BA in History, Joe went on to become a middle school teacher. He has coaching experience at the middle school, high school, and collegiate levels.
As a goalie, Joe has an in depth understanding of team defensive schemes and one-on-one defense, as well as an extensive knowledge of complex offensive sets. Joe’s knowledge of all aspects of the game enables him to work with players from all positions and skill levels.
- · MLL Chesapeake Bayhawks Goalie 2014
- · MLL Rochester Rattlers Goalie 2013
- · 2x All-American at Haverford College 2011 & 2012
- · 2012 USILA Scholar All-American
- · 3x All Centennial Conference
- · USILA Division III North/South Classic Senior All-Star Game Participant
- · 2012 Gregory Kannerstein ’63 Award Winner by the Haverford College Athletic Department for the individual who has brought distinction to the entire athletic program
- · Haverford Men’s Lacrosse Career Record: Most Wins (41)
- · Haverford Men’s Lacrosse Career Record: Goals Against Average (7.89)
- · Haverford Men’s Lacrosse Single Season Record: Most Wins (13)